PRAMUKH SWAMI SCIENCE & H. D. PATEL ARTS COLLEGE, KADI
The College administration is carried out by the Principal with the help of various bodies such as the office, the College Governing Body(CGB), Board of Management(BOM), IQAC and the Staff Committees. The CGB is an advisory board that helps the Principal in his academic and administrative functions. It is composed of the Principal, the Management Representatives, the Principals of the Campus Colleges, Vice-principal, IQAC Coordinator, Nodal Officer of Vocational Program. The CGB meets periodically to decide upon major academic and administrative issues. The National Service Scheme, National Cadet Corps, the WDC, and the various committees and clubs of the college help in the all round personality development of the students.
Functions, Duties and Responsibilities of the Principal:
The Principal shall be the head of the College and shall be responsible for the internal management and administration of the college. In the absence of the Principal, the Vice-Principal or in his absence the Faculty In-charge of Science and Arts Faculties shall be in charge of the duties of the Principal. No person shall be appointed as Principal who does not possess the qualifications and experience prescribed by the UGC Regulations.
1 Administrative Functions (Powers):- The supervision of Teaching staff and Non teaching staff and maintenance of discipline in the institution.
Provisional appointments through Employment exchange/Guest Faculty and Daily wages appointment in contingencies.
- Internal transfer of Attendees from one department to another.
- Sanction all kinds of leave except study leave, LWP- up-to 4 months and Special disability leaves to Teaching staff and Non Teaching staff are granted with permission to the Sanction Authorities.
- Sanction Maternity and Paternity leave to Teaching Staff and Non Teaching Staff.
- Sanction Casual Leave to Teaching Staff and Non Teaching Staff.
- Sanction of Special Casual Leave to Teaching Staff and Non teaching staff
Sanction increments to the Teaching Staff and Non Teaching Staff as per state government rules.
Sanction payment of belated increments to the Teaching Staff and Non Teaching Staff as per state government rules.
- Permission to Leave Nation and State:- To sanction permission to Teaching Staff and Non Teaching staff to leave state or Nation up to a maximum period of 4 months.
- Entries in Service Book:-
Making necessary entries in the Service Book of to the Teaching Staff and Non Teaching Staff as per state government rules.
- Preparation of Annual Reports of various UGC Schemes.
- Reconstitution of Committees:- Sapta-Dhara Committee, Research Committee, Anti-ragging etc.
- Internal Transfer of Furniture and Equipment:- From one Department to another.
- Financial Functions (Powers):-
- Temporary Advance from GPF.
- Purchase of Equipments, books etc as per the Guidelines of the Sanctioning Authorities in consultation with the College Purchase Committee.
To sanction the refund of fees or fines realized from students contrary to rules.
- Non-recurring Contingent charges:-
To sanction Non-recurring contingent charges provided there is budget provisions.
- Periodic Review of stocks:-
To conduct Annual review of stocks and other assets of the institution as on 31st March every year.
- Distribution of Budget allotments:-
To distributes Budget allotments to various departments of the college.
- Preparation of Budget Proposal:-
Annual Budget proposal preparation for every financial year
- Preparation of UGC Plan Proposal:-
Preparation of UGC Plan Proposal for a plan period.
- Academic Functions (Powers):-
- Supervision over students and maintenance of discipline in the college.
- Endowed Scholarships, prizes and medal:-
- To sanction endowed scholarships, prizes and medals to students.
- Stoppage of Scholarship:-
- To stop the further payments of any scholarship to a student if his/her conduct, progress or attendance is unsatisfactory and order continued payment of the same when he/she attain the satisfactory level.
- Promotion and detention of students:-
- To make final decisions on class promotions and detentions of students keeping in view of the rules stipulated by the Govt. and University time to time.
- To declare holiday for the institution due to contingencies and compensate the same afterwards.
- Issue of TC and Conduct Certificate to the outgoing students.
- Appointment & Remuneration of Guest Faculties
Functions, Duties and Responsibilities of the Vice Principal :
- To provide help and support to the Principal in the academic matters entrusted by the Principal. The Vice-Principal has no right to take decisions against the policies of the Principal in his absence.
- He has to perform his duties as Vice-Principal without detrimental to the regular teaching duties.
- To attend Delegation of Administrative and Academic field
- To approve the draft communications to the public on behalf of the Principal
- Granting of Casual Leave to the Teaching Staff and Non Teaching Staff as per state government rules.
- To sign fair copies of communications on behalf of the Principal of his approval, if these are to be sent to the subordinates.
- Overall supervision of the subordinate Teaching Staff and Non Teaching Staff.
Duties and Responsibilities of Accountant
Timely disposal of audit objection and Cash book preparation
General Duties and Responsibilities of Head Clerk of the College Office
- General Administration and Supervision of the office.
- Member in Purchase Committee and preparation of minutes.
- Member of CGB.
- Member UGC Planning Board of the College.
- Member of IQAC of the College.
- Member of UGC Building Construction Committee.
- Take personal attention to utilize the complete amount allotted to the college under State Plan/Non-Plan Fund and UGC Fund on monthly target basis.
- Verification and timely disposal of Audit objection.
- Propagate good practices in official procedures.
- A G. student is permitted to borrow at a time 3 books from the College Library.
- Books will be issued only on production of Identity Cards.
- A P.G. is permitted to borrow 5 books at a time from College Library.
- Research students shall enjoy all the privileges of postgraduate students.
- Books taken out by students shall not be retained or more than 10 days from the date of issue or for a shorter period fixed by the Head of the Department. If the due date falls on a holiday or a day on which the library is closed for any reason the books must be returned on the next working day.
- Failure to return a book on the due date makes the student liable to fine of Re. 1/- per day.
- All such fines should be paid to the library authorized person to receive and a receipt therefore should be obtained and preserved.
The College Committees:
Under the Chairmanship of the Principal, all the College Committee Coordinators have the following procedure:
- The coordinator selects the co-coordinator of the committee to perform the committee duties effectively in his/her absence and to make the work more effective.
- The Coordinator along with the co-coordinator selects other senior faculty members as well as student representatives as part of the committee.
- In the beginning of the academic year, the coordinator arranges a committee meeting to decide the annual plan of action, rules and regulations of the committee are reconsidered and to make possible amendments for improvement in the performance, possible activity dates, distribution of duties, and students’ involvement in the entire committee act.
- During the second semester of the academic year, another committee meeting is called in by the coordinator to analysis the committee performance. And to achieve the goals and execute the action plan of the committee, all possible steps are discussed with the committee members along with the student representatives and to redesign the academic plan for effective execution.
- To prepare minutes of the meetings and submit it to the Principal for advance discussion over the Committee progress.
The College Department Clubs:
- All the HoDs under the Chairmanship of the Principal are the Coordinators of the Departmental Clubs.
- The Coordinator along with other faculty members of the Department as well as student representatives forms the Department Club.
- In the beginning of the academic year, the coordinator arranges the Department Club meeting to decide the annual plan of action, possible dates, place, required infrastructural aids, external academic resources to execute the activities effectively. New innovative ideas and suggestions are welcomed and accordingly possible amendments for improvement in the performance of the Department Club are made along with the Club members regarding the previous year activities and their outcome.
- During the second semester of the academic year, another Club Meeting is called in by the coordinator to analysis the Club performance. And to achieve the goals and execute the action plan of the Club, all possible steps are discussed with the Club members along with the student representatives and to redesign the academic plan for effective execution.
- To prepare minutes of the meetings and submit it to the Principal for advance discussion over the Club progress and also at the end of the year submit a Annual Progress Report.
The IQAC works in accordance with the guide lines issued by the UGC and acts as a changing agent in the institution. Promoting quality initiatives by motivating the Departments, organizing training programmes, encouraging faculty in participating in National/International academic Programmes and helping the institution in maintaining a favourable learning environment are the prime functions undertaken by the IQAC. The Committee (IQAC) meets quarterly every year to discuss plans and review progress of the earlier plans implemented. During every quarterly meeting, three departmental presentations, each from Science, Arts and Vocation Program, is promoted for healthy academic, research and innovative competitions and comparison among the departments. Along with this, IQAC aims at organizing Workshops, Seminars, Conferences and Guest Lectures for FDP and Students’ overall academic development. And finally prepares AQAR and submits it to NAAC Portal in time every year.
As the SVKM Trust runs multiple educational institutes at more than 3 campuses, the College Governing Body is constituted by SVKM for the smooth functioning of each educational institute. Pramukh Swami Science & H. D. Patel Arts College Governing Body is consists of the Chairman and Secretaries of SVKM, Principals of the Campus Colleges along with the Principal PSSHDA. The main function of CGB is to focus upon the Infrastructural Development as well as academic appreciation of College IQAC. Whenever required, an additional financial support is provided along with the UGC funding, to accomplish the Infrastructural development in a dignified way and to organize an academic-research oriented educational event as well.
As per the UGC Guideline, BOM is constituted for the development of Vocational Programs namely B.Voc. and Community College approved by UGC. This Board consists of various Industry Partners, Chairman SVKM, Principal, Nodal Officer and Heads of Vocational Departments. The main objective of this Board is to develop appropriate infrastructure for Vocational Programs, to establish Industry linkages for curriculum design, on the job trainings and placement. After the approval of DDU KAUSHAL Kendra, BOM is replaced by Advisory Committee as per the UGC guideline and members from FICCI, Gujarat Chapter are also members of this Advisory Committee.
Apart from these College level Statutory Bodies, we do follow strictly the University and State level Statutory Bodies’ Rules as follows:
- Leave Rules, Pension Rules and General Service rules Govt. of Gujarat
- H N G University Act Govt. of Gujarat
- Gujarat Affiliated Colleges’ Tribunal Act
- Commissionerate of Higher Education, Gujarat State
- University Ordinance for Service Rules of Teaching and Non-teaching Staff